Slight abridgement of Alternative Energy : Resources From Coal to Wind, by Gary L. Parsons in C&RL News pp. 18-22, January 2005. Updated 6 July 2011
This page touches on almost all possible alternative energy sources; it is aimed at a general and K-12 audience. It provides a good checklist of alternative energy sources, which any researcher will find helpful. However, college level researchers in this area will need to use the library's journal databases to find appropriate research materials.
Additional Links Post-2005 Research
- Energy Citations Database (ECD) U.S. Department of Energy; nearly 2.5 million science research citations; more than 279,000 electronic documents.
- The Energy Storage Problem. Nature. London: 7 Jan 2010. Vol. 463, Issue 7277; pg 18-21.
- NREL : National Renewable Energy Laboratory : Energy Analysis energy analysis tools; models, etc.
- National Fuel Cell Research Center [NFCRC] : Energy Tutorial University of California, Irvine
- Real Prospects for Energy Efficiency in the United States, 2010 National Academies Press; 210-page report; free pdf download.