Skip to main content
General - Multidisciplinary
- Carbon Offset Research & Education (CORE)
- Delving into the often-confusing world of carbon offset programs and research, CORE compiles data from authoritative governmental bodies and international organizations (e.g., US Environmental Protection Agency, World Bank, UN, and World Wildlife Fund). However, the site states that CORE does not reflect the views of these institutions nor does it obtain any official endorsements from them. An initiative of the Stockholm Environment Institute, CORE provides plenty of data regarding various types of legislation regarding carbon offset programs, both in the US and abroad. The site also includes a decent glossary to help the user navigate through the world of carbon offset and the policies and regulations that define it.
- A source of timely and authoritative scientific data and information about climate. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Environment News Service
- Established in 1990, the privately owned Environment News Service (ENS) focuses on presenting "late-breaking" national and international environmental issues and news "in a fair and balanced manner." The articles are appropriate to its name and mission. With newspaper-style writing and presentation, these are not technical documents, but short, informative articles from the US and around the world. The site is updated daily and covers a wide array of current environmental issues ....
- NOAA Deepwater Horizon / BP Oil Spill Response
- Choice Highly Recommended site; Web site was created by the Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R), which is part of NOAA's Ocean Service. The site was established on April 21, 2010, soon after the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico; at the time of this review....It is an attractive, uncluttered site that is easy to navigate and full of interesting information about the actual oil spill event and all that happened afterward.
- See also: NOAA Fisheries Service: Deepwater Horizon / BP Oil Spill Information
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Choice Outstanding site