Skip to main content
- Academic OneFile
- an aggregated / general database indexing more than 8,000 journals covering everything from STM to the humanities. Remember to restrict your search by selecting the scholarly or peer-reviewed journal option. Strongest support for the humanities
- FirstSearch; Indexes 16,000+ titles--general, popular and trade magazines along with academic journals; 23 million citations since 1990 OCLC
- EbscoHost : Academic Search Complete
- an aggregated / general database with indexing for more than 5,000 scholarly journals. It is best to restrict your search by selecting "Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals." Strongest support for the Sciences and Education
- OmniFile Full Text Mega
- In addition to the standard Wilson databases this site includes Humanities and Social Science Retrospective indexes 1907-1984 and Reader's Guide Retrospective, 1890-1982; restricted to currently enrolled UTPB students, must have active UID.
- ProQuest Research Library
- General periodical index; contains citations and full-image materials for both academic [e.g. Ecology] and popular [e.g. Earthwatch] titles. Indexes more than 4000 titles; more than 2000 journals are full image files. Strongest general emphasis on social sciences including economics, business
- The single most important access point to full-image traditional book titles supporting academic research. Provides access to the full-text of more than 50,000 current imprint titles--books published since 1990. Approximately 50% of the titles are social sciences.
- Browsing does not have a time limit; checkouts are for two hours, and require that a free account be established. You must "check-out" such titles to receive better access to the e-book. FYI: Ebsco took control of netLibrary in 2011.