Skip to main content
In general what can be copied?
- A chapter from a book (never the entire book).
- An article from a periodical or newspaper, however
never an entire issue of a journal
never more than 5 articles from the same journal in a 12 month period
- A short story, essay or poem.
One work is the norm whether it comes from an individual work or an anthology.
- A chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon or picture from a book, periodical, or newspaper.
Poetry and Prose
- Multiple copies of a poem of 250 words or less, that exist on
two pages or less;
250 words from a longer poem.
- Multiple copies of an article, story or essay that are 2,500 words or
excerpts up to 1,000 words or
10 percent of the total work, whichever is
- Multiple copies of a single chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon, or picture contained in a book or periodical issue.