Skip to main content
- CINAHL PLUS
- CINAHL Plus provides indexing for 4,500 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health, with indexing back to 1937. CINAHL Plus also contains searchable cited references for more than 1,340 journals. Full text material includes nearly 80 journals plus legal cases, clinical innovations, critical paths, drug records, research instruments and clinical trials.
- CINAHL PLUS with Full Text
- CINAHL Plus® with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 770 journals indexed in CINAHL®. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the CINAHL index – with no embargo. CINAHL Plus with Full Text is the definitive research tool for all areas of nursing and allied health literature.
General Nursing Sources
- allnurses.com: A Nursing Community for Nurses (http://allnurses.com/)
- A comprehensive site with a directory of nursing websites and links to information for many nursing specialties as well as general nursing information. Register to get full access. You may join the online discussion forums and/or subscribe to the free electronic nursing newsletter Nurse-zine.
- Martindale's The Virtual Nursing Center (http://www.martindalecenter.com/Nursing.html)
- The Virtual Nursing Center has links to many nursing resources including evidence-based guidelines, nurses' online courses and tutorials, electronic nursing journals, interactive case studies, etc. This is part of Martindale's Health Science Guide which has a wealth of health-related resources.
- Nursing on the Net: Health Care Resources You Can Use -- A Web Sampler of Resources for Nursing Professionals (https://nnlm.gov/psr/guides/nursing-sampler)
- From the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM), this list of resources is part of the Health Care Resources You Can Use workshop.
- Nursing Theory Page (www.sandiego.edu/nursing/research/nursing-theory-research.php/)
- The Nursing Theory Page is a collaborative effort by an international group to develop a collection of resources about nursing theories throughout the world. The project began on 21 May 96 and will always be a work in progress.
- Nursing Theory Page (http://www.nursingtheory.net/hist.html)
- This Nursing Theory page has information on early nurse theorists as well as several models (e.g., Energy Field Models, Interaction Models, Self-Care Models, etc.)
- RN Central.com (http://www.rncentral.com/)
- Claims to be "more than just a list of links, RN Central is a website where nurses can enjoy themselves, support each other, and find information important to nursing and becoming a nurse." Has a Care Plans page where you can use the "suggested, pre-defined care plans" or use their form to create your own care plan.
- RNstudents.com Nursing School Assistance (http://www.rtstudents.com/rnstudents/)
- The RNstudent.com staff are educators and students in the allied health and nursing fields. This site has links to a wide variety of information for nursing students and educators such as schools offering nursing programs, dictionaries, and jokes and other fun.
- Schools of Nursing (http://www.nursingsociety.org/student/SchoolsOfNursing/Pages/schools.aspx)
- This site from Sigma Theta Tau International links to listings of accredited schools of nursing and doctoral nursing programs in the United States. Other sites may provide more detailed online information on selected nursing schools, including Nursing Schools in the United States of America (from UnivSource), gradschools.com, and petersons.com.
- Selected Nursing Web Sites (http://research.lib.buffalo.edu/nursing)
- A current and nicely organized wiki compiled by a group of librarians at the Health Sciences Library, University of Buffalo (State University of New York).