Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Government Nursing Resources
Community Health Nursing Resources
- American Public Health Association (http://www.apha.org/)
- The American Public Health Association (APHA) is the oldest and largest organization of public health professionals in the world, representing more than 50,000 members from over 50 occupations of public health. The Association and its members have been influencing policies and setting priorities in public health since 1872.
- Ending Neglect: The Elimination of Tuberculosis in the United States (http://www.nap.edu/catalog/9837.html)
- This report dated 2000 from the Committee on the Elimination of Tuberculosis in the United States, Division of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, "provides important background on the pathology of tuberculosis, its history and status in the U.S., and the public and private response." It also "explains how the U.S. can act with both self-interest and humanitarianism in addressing the worldwide incidence of TB."
- Journal of Community Nursing (JCN) (http://www.jcn.co.uk/)
- Published in Surrey, England. JCN claims to be the "leading monthly peer reviewed community journal promoting excellence in health care practice." Full text articles. You will need to register to view the articles.
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce (http://phpartners.org/)
- "A collaboration of U.S. government agencies, public health organizations, and health sciences libraries which provides timely, convenient access to selected public health resources on the Internet." This website has pages devoted to such specific public health topics such as Bioterrorism.
- Protecting Your Health & Ensuring Your Safety
- A great resource to notify consumers of health and safety risks attributable to consumer products, environmental factors and personal and financial data vulnerability.
- Tobacco Control Archives (https://www.library.ucsf.edu/archives/tobacco/)
- The purpose is "to collect, preserve, and provide access to papers, unpublished documents, and electronic resources relevant to tobacco control issues.". Also includes A Digital Library of Tobacco Documents also described as the Legacy Tobacco Documents Library which "contains more than 11 million documents (60+ million pages) created by major tobacco companies related to their advertising, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and scientific research activities."
- UC Berkeley. Public Health Library. Public Health Resources on the Internet (http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/PUBL/internet.html)
- A well-organized list of hundreds of public health resources, including Ethnic Groups Health Resources.
Go to the Library Collection